Sunday, September 30, 2012

Reflection on Podcast Project

Looking at this first podcast assignment, it was very beneficial for me as a student and future teacher to complete. Through reading the chapter on podcasting and experimenting with the Audacity program, I find myself more knowledgable about how to conduct podcasts, and also the benefits that they offer. One major benefit that I see for students is that it is a way to get them involved. Reading about the classroom podcasts around the world, and hearing about Professor Reinhardt's "Podcast Club" at a local elementary school, I feel that students can communicate their feeling about a given topic with fellow students.

Podcasting also is a way to make learning fun. I believe that if students are put in a position where others will listen to their views, they will listen as well. Giving and receiving feedback is an important part of podcasting, particularly when there is multiple people/students participating. Using technology is education is a great way to improve communication skills in general, but I believe podcasting can take it to the next level... While this first podcast was an individual assignment, I look forward to conducting podcasts with other students as I progress through my college career.

No comments:

Post a Comment