Monday, November 12, 2012

Reflection on PLC Website

I felt I gave a good effort on this assignment, as the topic of clicker use is something I am interested in and could potentially use as a future educator. As for group members, I felt each one of them made a valuable contribution to our PLC website. I am very satisfied with the group work we have done so far in the semester and hope we can continue to work together.

This assignment was very valuable in my opinion, as it allowed groups to choose a topic in technology that they felt was relevant. Our group chose 'clicker use in classrooms' as it can have an effect on each of us, regardless of our different focus areas. By discussing the pros and cons of using clickers in the classroom, and finding credible sources discussing it, we as future teachers can get an idea if we want to implement this type of technology or not. By finding credible sources, we can learn what current teachers think of clicker use and possibly get ideas that we can borrow or adapt for lesson plans.

I feel completing this task impacts me as a future teacher because of the potential use of clickers in the classroom. In my classroom, I feel I can use clickers to enhance student learning. Even if I'm teaching at the lower elementary level, I can use clickers in a way to benefit student learning, and prepare them for their future careers as a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment